Has your mind ever wandered around that why exactly you prefer visuals over text or infographics over blocks of plain text? Even children love those books that have visuals in it because visual things attract them quickly. Anything that holds some attractiveness catch your attention instantly.
If we see today’s marketing strategy of various brands or companies, then we will see that even they are implementing infographics for better sales. The infographics designers’ business is blooming as infographics have a potential to go viral. However, this is a whole new story that infographics only attract you when they have an excellent layout, fantastic design and clarity. We have talked about infographics’ structure many times in detail; this article will cover reasoning about the hype that infographics has been creating.
SOME MAIN REASONS FOR CRAVING INFOGRAPHICS
- According to a study, researchers have found that individuals’ willingness to read increases by 80% because of colour visuals.
- Scientists have found that almost 50% of our brain is involved in processing visuals.
- Our brain takes only 150ms to process a symbol and 100ms to add meaning to that particular symbol.
- Our mind can get the sense of any visual scene in less than a second, which is quite impressive.
- Almost 70% of all our sensory receptors (a nerve that responds to the stimulus in the environment of an organism i.e. both internal and external) are in our eyes.
- Infographics are helping us in evaluating information faster because we are suffering from information overload. Today, we receive five times more information as compared to what we were receiving in 1986. Infographics help in countering information overload.
- On average when individuals visit a blog or read an article, they only read 28% of the information in that particular article or blog post.
- Researchers have also found that many individuals who follow directions through both text and illustrations can do 323 times better than people who only refer text.
- Many speakers have also revealed that the rate of pursuing people varies remarkably. When you try to persuade them verbally as well as via visuals, it gives better results.
- Also take note that when people hear things chances are they may remember only 10% of that, remembers only 20% of the matter they read and 80% of what they do and see.